cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMP 4.7 Unsupported Configuration error

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

PMP 4.7 Unsupported Configuration error

I have 3 bl460c G1 servers running RHEL5u1 x86_64 and I'm not able to get PMP to configure them. I have another bl460c with same hw running rhel4u6 and that one does work. The support matrix shows rhel5u1 x86_64 is supported. How can I figure out what is wrong? PSP7.92 is installed, I can get to the system mgmt homepage for the blades and can see info on NIC/Storage/System so I think agents are running ok. Any ideas? iLO fw is 1.50 for all blades if that matters. What else might it be looking for and is there any way to get more detail on exactly what it thinks the unsupported configuration is?
6 REPLIES
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Re: PMP 4.7 Unsupported Configuration error

Actually I was wrong- the blade I was able to configure successfully is a bl480c but bl460c is supposed to be supported as well.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'd check SNMP on both servers, it's almost like one of them isn't being correctly identified.
You should be able to compare the snmpd.conf files.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Did u mean its not being identified as "Proliant BL460c" in SIM? if yes then check snmpd.conf
change it then restart snmpd service and then hpasm service.

or Did u mean that are identified properly in SIM but not coming in PMP?

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

All the blades are identified properly in SIM. It's when I try to configure PMP to monitor the bl460 servers that I get the unsupported configuration error message. I don't think it's SNMP since the SMH homepage works fine with all information for NIC/Storage/System, etc.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Got this working! Problem is that PMP does not recognize OS version 5.1. Was advised to edit the System Properties for this server in HP SIM. To do that, under Tools, select System Information, System Page and then run that against the desired server. Select the Tool& Links tab and then Edit System Properties. Change the OS version from 5.1 to 5.0 and click on OK.
Then you need to run Identify System, Software/HW status polling and then when you bring up the PMP Configuration, click on the Update Server list. Server should appear in the list and then you can start monitoring.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

closed per my previous description of problem resolution in this thread.