108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PMP.EXE crashes on startup after PSP 7.91A install

SOLVED
Go to solution
MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

PMP.EXE crashes on startup after PSP 7.91A install

My HP SIM 5.2 server had all its services running correctly. I applied Proliant Support Pack 7.91A. Since then PMP.EXE crashes twice on startup. It was PMP 4.3, I found the latest, 4.7, upgraded successfully; but same crash twice on startup. The Performance Management Pack service says it's started, and it will Restart successfully. But the HP Insight services - Event Notifier, Foundation Agents, NIC Agents, Server Agents, and Storage Agents - all fail to start now, telling me "service did not respond to the request in a timely fashion." System Management Homepage says HP Version Control Agent is Failed; though I bring up the VCA Software Status page and it says all items are current with PSP 7.91A - that's 7.91.0.0 for the HP Insight agents. Any help available?
3 REPLIES 3
MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

Re: PMP.EXE crashes on startup after PSP 7.91A install

My problem server is running HP Insight Management Agents 7.91.0.0. I've found that one of my managed servers is running 7.95.0.0. I've not been able to find them wherever I installed them from, and I'm searching the HP web to try to find them from. Maybe after some more time I'll say HP's is organized and easy to find stuff on, but not yet. Can anyone give me a clue? Where to find the latest HP Insight Management Agents for Windows server 2003?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

http://www.hp.com --> Support & Drivers --> [check box for Download Drivers and Software and Firmware] Enter a model (e.g. dl 380 g5) --> Choose specific model from list --> Choose OS
MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

That took me right to the Insight Agents software, and lots more I'm sure I'll need. BUT ALSO, the newer Insight Agents solved th original problem - PMP.EXE crashed on startup, and the Insight Agent services would not start.