Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753792 Members
7463 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PMP Licenses - In database but unviewable

Aaron Edens

PMP Licenses - In database but unviewable

I have enabled 3 of the 5 licenses that ship with PMP for the purposes of evaluation. I am getting a strange problem that I cannot find a solution for.

2 of the servers that I licensed are working correctly as far as I can tell. The third server is listed as "licensed" in the PMP licensing app, but when I click on the PMP icon on the HP SIM homepage, it says that the server is NOT licensed.

The really funny thing is that PMP for that server is actually sending traps, so it must be licensed. I just can't get the SIM homepage to agree.

Having read the PMP FAQs, it appears that HP has made this a one time only process.

Removing the server and re-discovering it will cause the license to be wasted?

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Re: PMP Licenses - In database but unviewable

Ideally, if a server is licensed & selected for monitoring (using Monitoring Administration page), it should start reporting the status after waiting for few minutes, initially.

Since monitoring depends upon SNMP settings on the target system, can you verify that ? Give some details of your system environment. You can remove the server & re-discover it, that won't affect licensing information of the servers.

Thanks.
Aaron Edens

Re: PMP Licenses - In database but unviewable

Thanks for your reply. I believe I found the problem. The serial number of the server in question appeared to be corrupted in the BIOS. It contained some strange characters.

I reset the serial number to the proper settings and re-licensed the server and now it works.

Unfortunetly, the original license used is now lost.

The PMP product seems to be fairly nice, but this licensing is very bad. So bad in fact that I won't recommend that my company the product. We need to be able to re-issue the licenses.