1753515 Members
7674 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PMP in SIM

Kevin_peng
Advisor

PMP in SIM

I installed HP Performance Management Pack 4.0 and Systems Insight Manager 5.0 - Windows .After discover I get 2 servers(Win2003 Server),but When I checked option->performance management pack option ->License ,I found can't use icon(license select server).What's problem with it.
6 REPLIES 6
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

If those servers are available in the License Administration page, that means they can be licensed, provided you have enough 'Available Licenses' (information on the same page). Otherwise, you can use 'Add License Key' to add some more licenses.

You can also click on the PF icon corresponding to those servers for getting some insight of the problem (if there are some).

Thanks.
Kevin_peng
Advisor

These servers are not available in the License Administration page.I can makesure license is enough,because default SIM can provide 5 free license and I add on 1 license,total 6 license.When I click PF icon,I found ,can't use.I think maybe problem is client setting.
Dsmit
Advisor

Hi Kevin, did you buy the PMP with licence or software only , if its bought as part of the blade management suit is coms with 8 licenses.

I dont believe HP Sim comes with any licenses for it to be used with PMP.

Kevin_peng
Advisor

In SIM hp can use 5 client to free use,and I keyin 1 license,total I have 6 license.I think license is ok ,but I don't know how to config these sever if it need modify.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Since PMP depends upon the SNMP, you can verify the SNMP settings on target systems by checking whether SNMP service is running with proper community strings & these same strings has to be configured in SIM also. Also make sure that 'Accept SNMP packets from any hosts' option is selected in SNMP service.

You've to see Support Matrix to check whether given servers are supported by PMP. All servers must have serial number to be detected by PMP.

Thanks.
Kevin_peng
Advisor

I can makesure SNMP setting is OK,because when server shutdown SIM will send alert.My server is DL360G3 and DL360G4 with Win2003 std server chinese.After I checked support matrix they are in list.