HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSP Shows as invalid

Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

PSP Shows as invalid

I have an ML350-G3 running W2K3. Version Control Repository Manager (v2.1) shows PSP 7.70 onwards as invalid. There are also a couple of updates not being applied. HP System Management Homepage version is v2.1.8.179
What can I look at to fix this please?
Regards
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: PSP Shows as invalid

Where / how does it show as invalid?
Almost as if cpnnnnn.exe and .mnf files have been deleted manually.

I keep different PSPs in separate sub-directories with the VCRM pointing to a single top level directory. This means I can easily delete an entire PSP without impacting other PSP's.
I also download material manually rather than rely on the automatic downloads.

You could try rescanning the catalogue. You can also look at the VCRM Logs, they report issues like duplicate files etc.
Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

Re: PSP Shows as invalid

Hi Rob,

Is it possible to remake the Repository from fresh? If so what is the best way to go about it?

+++++++++
VCR Manager shows
Custom Software Baselines 0
HP ProLiant and HP Integrity Support Packs 5
Invalid Support Packs 3
components 828

HP ProLiant and HP Integrity Support Packs and Custom Software Baselines
Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 Edition Support for WS-Mgmt Version 1.00R2 (English (US), Japanese)
ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Version 7.90A (English (US), Japanese)
ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Version 7.80A (English (US), Japanese)
ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Version 7.70A (English (US), Japanese)
ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Version 7.60A (English (US), Japanese)

+++++++++
VCR Log shows following extracts
There was a problem with a downloaded file, cp007976.exe, and the file has been deleted. If the problem reoccurs, the file should be manually copied to the repository.
Error for file: cp007968.exe
Error code: 2147500037
Downloaded file: cp007976.exe
The Version Control Repository Manager POSTed a Version Control Repository Manager/Automatic Update category event with severity code 4 to URL http://floserv.floyd.biz:280/cpqevent.