108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Password keeps locking out

SOLVED
Go to solution
Deb H
Occasional Advisor

Password keeps locking out

We are using the HP SIM version 5 for collecting data. I had used my userid and password to configure some of the modules. I have sinced changed my password and it keeps locking out. Event viewer says it is being locked out from the HP SIM server. I am trying to discover what process is locking it out. WBEM or CMS module? Anyone know where I can reset the passwords for these?
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Password keeps locking out

Please read this document it will help you understand you're problem.

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_5_changing_the_SystemName.pdf

Daniel

PS don't ferget to apply you're points ,there situated next to every messages in this thread, next to date and time has UNASSIGNED, the button to apply is on the bottom of the page.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hi Deb,

The password for the service account used by the HP SIM Windows service is changing. What do I need to change?
Solution:
1. Stop HP SIM.
2. Access the Services control panel and edit the service credentials to provide the new password for the
HP Systems Insight Manager service.
3. Run mxpassword -g and modify the following password:
MxHPSIMServicePassword
4. Restart HP SIM.

The password for the database account used by the HP SIM Windows service is changing. What do I need to change?
Solution:
1. Stop HP SIM.
2. Run mxpassword -g and modify the following password to the new account password:
MxDBUserPassword
MxPMPPassword
3. Restart HP SIM.

Regards.
Deb H
Occasional Advisor

I was able to solve the issue with the lockouts by going to Options, then First Time Wizard. I changed my password for the WBEM there and it was no longer locked out. A coworker (whose password was also locking) was listed. As a test, I deleted him but his password kept locking. So I readded him with his correct password, and he is no longer getting locked. Do you know where this WBEM password is stored? The service user and password are different. For some reason, can't remember, we needed a Active Directory user for the WBEM.