Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Management Pack 5.2 upgrade failure

Gary Tonkins
Advisor

Performance Management Pack 5.2 upgrade failure

Hi all
Please can anyone help? We had a setup where we had an installation of HPSIM v5.0 on a windows 2003 sp2 server with a SQL backend database on the local server. The DB was local until we migrated it to the remote server about a year ago. Recently we performed an upgrade of HPSIM from 5.0 to 5.3 which went ok apart from a problem with PMP. PMP was uninstalled during the upgrade process but then the install failed, we carried on and finished HPSIM upgrade which is fine but when we try to manually run PMP 5.2 install we get a Database Validation Failed and we have to cancel it. I have spoken to the DBA's who confirm that the account I'm logged on with to do the install and the account in the globalsettings.prop file are correct but they see no auth failure errors in the SQL logs so it's like it's not even getting to the remote DB.. I think this is because the PMP install is trying to look at a locally installed database which isn't there but I don't know where to look to amend the path details, if in fact I can. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please?
Regards