Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753544 Members
5968 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Performance Management Pack not adding servers

Rob Maij

Performance Management Pack not adding servers

I downloaded and installed SIM 5.1 SP1 and also installed the Hotfix. Granted I am feeling my way through this, I was able to add one server. I have 5 demo licenses and thus far added one server without issue. It is getting results for that server without problem. After I had figured it out, I wanted to add 4 more servers. I went thru the process of adding the servers and keep getting the result Tool launch OK? No. With the details:

This tool cannot run on serversql as it does not pass the conditions required for running it,
Operating System Name must equal LINUX OR
Operating System Name must equal WINNT and Operating System Vendor must equal Microsoft and Operating System Revision must equal 4,0 OR
Operating System Name must equal WINNT and Operating System Vendor must equal Microsoft and Operating System Revision must equal 5,0 OR
Operating System Name must equal WINNT and Operating System Vendor must equal Microsoft and Operating System Revision must equal 5,2 OR
Operating System Name must equal LINUX and Operating System Vendor must equal RedHat and Operating System Revision must equal 3 OR
Operating System Name must equal LINUX and Operating System Vendor must equal RedHat and Operating System Revision must equal 2, lOR
Operating System Name must equal LINUX and Operating System Vendor must equal SuSE and Operating System Revision must equal 9 OR
Operating System Name must equal LINUX and Operating System Vendor must equal SuSE and Operating System Revision must equal 8
The properties that serversql has for the failing conditions :
Operating System Name: WINNT
Operating System Revision: 5,2,3790
Operating System Vendor: Microsoft,

(NOTE that I PDF'd a bitmap and then OCR'd it. That is why there are commas instead of periods.)

This is a regular Windows 2003 Server and is the same rev and sp as the server I currently have already configured in the pack. Also when I read the logic, I don't understand why it it failing. The failing conditions shown should have passed.

Is there something I am missing. I also ran the Status Polling again for both Software and Hardware as suggested in the user guide for the pack.

Thanks for any help in this matter.
4 REPLIES 4
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Hi Rob,
Discover the system with SNMP protocol. The above system which is discovered as revision version "5,2,3790" which is not supported by PMP filter. Try discovering with SNMP and revision version should "5.2". This should work.

A Real man makes his own luck
Rob Maij

Thanks for the reply Rider, but I'm not sure I entirely understand. Can you please tell me exactly what you would like me to do? Everything is pretty much set to the defaults. SNMP is configured on the target server and match the configuration on the Insight Manager. Are you wanting me to disable WBEM in the global protocol settings?

Again...thanks for your help in this matter!
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

You can edit OS Revision number to "5.2" by click on 'System Name' of the server, then go to 'Tools & Links' tab, click on 'Edit System Properties', edit the required field & click OK.

Thanks.
Rider
Trusted Contributor

hi,
No need to disable WBEM, set correct community string and identify the system with SNMP protocol. This will work fine or u can edit the version as mentioned above.
A Real man makes his own luck