108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Performance Mgt. Pack

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Performance Mgt. Pack

I have just recently installed the Performance Management Pack on my SIMS server. When I access the gathered information, none of the graphs are displaying. Is it something in my configuration, or maybe my my browser?
I am running 2003, SP2, IE 7. I don't have any problems with the other facets of SIMS.
I beleive I have the correct IE settings per the instructions.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

It uses an ActiveX component that it loads. It used to download it but I think its now in the kit.
I've had issues in the past. What I did the last time I had this was find the pmpgraph.ocx file in the PMP software tree and then register that.
I've a feeling that to register it, I googled a lot and got hold of some utility. Sorry can't be more precise it was a while ago.

I can't check with IE 7 at the moment as PMP has been broken here for quite a while. Whenever I start up the PMP service the HPSIM database starts getting hit with around 3000 I/O's /second.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Thank Rob, I will geive that a try.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I did get the pmpgraph.ocx reregistered. However, I have discovered something that surprised me a little. If I log onto my Sims server, and from there go to https://servername:50000 and log into the SIMS console that way, the graphs will show for the performance management pack on the Sims server. If I access the Sims console from from my workstation the graphs don't show.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

What browser? That seems like the browser isn't able to run ActiveX components.
Have they been disabled on the workstation browser - some policies can do that as well.

Also, the PMP graphs don't work with non-IE browsers like Firefox. Well they didn't last time I checked.