7443 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Performance management

sudesh_5
Frequent Advisor

Performance management

Hi ,
I need to manage the Linux server[cc3310].
CMS = Win XP . VCRM is installed .
Managed Node = Linux , cc3310 , RHEL 3
I have installed , insight management agent[hpasm], hpvca,hpsmh .
Under the "PF[performance status]" , the status is unknow , even for the VCA . VCA is configured to point the repository of CMS , with CMS credential .

I would like to know , why the performance status is unknow . Also , when I launch the Performance page , None of the devices are listed [as shown in the attached screenshot]. Any solution
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The PF Field is populated by the PMP Plug-In which is a licensed component.
You may wish to look at:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantessentials/valuepack/pmp/index.html
to see what Servers can be monitored by PMP.

Without PMP you're limited to the more basic CPU, Page File Usage, Disk I/O thresholds controlled by the HP Agents on the Server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The cc3310 is not supported by PMP (it is not a ProLiant or Integrity). See the QuickSpecs for a complete list of supported platforms: http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> PMP
sudesh_5
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,
Thank you for the reply . But the user guide says , SIM can also monitor 3rd party systems . If CC3310 is treated as 3rd party ,why the SIM is not able to provide h/w level management solution .

regards
Sudesh
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

PMP is exclusively for ProLiant and some Integrity systems. HP SIM can do basic up/down monitoring of just about anything, and more to the extent the device embraces industry standards such as WBEM.
sudesh_5
Frequent Advisor

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply . For the server other than integrity, ProLiant, hp 9000 series , the protocol supported is only snmp . In this case , how the h/w level management is possible through SIM .

regards
Sudesh