Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of WMIServer.exe

Harmen Groenwold
Occasional Visitor

Performance of WMIServer.exe

Hi,

I have HP SIM5 running for some months and have rebooted the server for the last time a couple of weeks ago.
This morning I opened Task Manager on the console of the server and noticed that the process WMISERVER.EXE is using 300 to 400 MB of memory. Is this OK or is something wrong? I think it uses way too much memory and this could be the reason for some issues I'm having (like the Software Status that's not updated). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: Performance of WMIServer.exe

It doesn't seem to be usual. For me it doesn't exceed 30 MB. And FYI, WMI is not used for software status polling. It'll be used for Data Collection, Discovery/Identification and H/W status polling when selected.
Daniel Barr
Advisor

I've also noticed WMIServer.exe consuming huge amounts of memory on my SIM 5.0 server. Last week it was well over 600MB. Restarted the service and it went back down to 30MB, but now after a week it's back up to 100MB. Seems like there's a memory leak going on with it.

I'm upgrading SIM to 5.0 SP4 right now, but I don't think it comes with an updated WMIServer application.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yep, same issue here and no SP4 doesn't change that.
A restart shrinks it.

There have been mentions of issues with the WMI in other postings, including some from HP.

Not sure what the current status of that is.