Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752687 Members
5461 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Possible to get Insight Manager to send SMS alerts WITHOUT using an SMS gateway ?

JimHunt
Occasional Visitor

Possible to get Insight Manager to send SMS alerts WITHOUT using an SMS gateway ?

HI there

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get HP Insight Mansger to send SMS alerts directly from the server e.g. without using an SMS gateway ?  

(background - we've had issues with the reliability of the email platform, meaning that SMS alerts are sometimes not sent.  So I'm wondering if we can eliminate the reliance on the email platfomr.  I expect this means the Insight Mgmnt software / ILO card needs its own SIM ?  )

Grateful fot any views and information.

Thanks

Jim

1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Possible to get Insight Manager to send SMS alerts WITHOUT using an SMS gateway ?

Hello,

SMS is not a real option but if you need to monitor using the ILO that is an option. Traps can be send usingthe ILO to the SIm server. This SIM server can have an SMTP server installed localy so it can send email without using your Exchange server(s). In some countries you can use services that send SMS to your phone if this is what you want.

Kind regards,

Andrew