1751718 Members
5496 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power Supply HW error will not clear from orange to green

Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

Power Supply HW error will not clear from orange to green

We are running 380 G4's and 580 G3's with dual powersupplies. We had a power failure on one of the electrical circuits that all our Bay 2 power supplies were connected to. Once the power was restored the HW icon for the server would not clear from orange to green. On the HP Homepage of each server it still shows the Power supplied as failed? The status polling doesn't fix this or resetting agents. Only rebooting the server (windows O/S) fixes this. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

Re: Power Supply HW error will not clear from orange to green

Thanks Daniel. For points, do have a suggestion or solution?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What versions of OS / Agents?
It works here okay.

You might want to check that some of the sub-agents haven't been removed. From Windows go to Control Panel->HP Management Agents GUI. Under Inactive agents I only have Rack, Cluster and Remote Insight.
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

Agents are 7.90 and all agents are running except Clustering and Rack Information.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You're sure it was the Power Supply item that was affecting the overall result and not that the Integrated Management Log needed have the entries "cleared".
Issues in the IML will also keep the HW icon as Orange. It may be a reboot that stops the HW icon from being affected by uncleared IML items - not too sure on that one.
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rob, one of the first things I did after power was restored to the Bay2 powersupply was clear the IML. When I view the bay2 powersupply from HP system management homepage it shows as "Present" and Status as "General Failure". Still showing the oranage icon.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

That is odd. Maybe there is actually an issue with the PS caused by the power failure. I have seen issues where the PS continues to operate but is not 100% okay.
If they're on maintenance you may want to give HP a call.
If not, you might want to try swapping PS's and see if the problem moves.