SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

Power Supply Status Change (8024)

Proliant MSA500
IM Agents 7.30

For a few days we were receiving the following errors on this server:

Power Supply Status Change (8024 - degraded) followed by Storage System Fan Status Change (8022 - failed). There were also some Storage System Temperature Status Change (8023 - failed) alerts.

We were receiving these errors every few minutes (the system would report the error, then the status would be reset to OK, then the alert would be triggered again).

We have replaced both power supplies in the system. Everything was fine for a couple of hours. Now I am receiving the Power Supply Status Change (8024) alerts again, every few minutes. No other alerts are being sent.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Power Supply Status Change (8024)

We had the same problem with a different model. We swapped and tested fans and it turned out we had a bad shelf!
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

"shelf" - you mean the whole chassis?
Rancher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yep, the entire thing. After all of the fan switching between shelves, we called HP, they diagnosed it, sent us another one and viola! We were good to go.
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

Thank you, Rancher. We're calling our hardware support. I'll let you know how it goes.
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

The shelf was replaced and indeed, the alerts have gone away. Thank you very much!