Did you mean: 

Problem Configuring VCA Ver. 2.1.4.750

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ivan Daniel
Occasional Visitor

Problem Configuring VCA Ver. 2.1.4.750

When trying to configure the
HP Version Control Agent (VCA) for Windows Version (2.1.4.750 ) I receive an error when trying to add a Domain\Group to the Operating systems Group - Administrators. The error say "\" is not an acceptable character. Previous VCAs have been configured without issue.
5 REPLIES
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem Configuring VCA Ver. 2.1.4.750

Are you sure you are trying to configure the VCA component? This is an issue for the System Management Homepage component in the 7.50 PSP. The VCA preconfiguration screen only has Computer Name, Login Account, Login Password. The SMH pre-config screen has the OS group field you are talking about.

If it is the SMH component and you are just doing an upgrade then you don't have to preconfigure - it will keep the previous configuration.

If it is only a single system then you can preconfigure the other fields if you wish and install it - after the fact you can login and set that information from the SMH security menus.

If you are deploying to a large number of systems and using HPSIM - you can preconfigure the TRUST settings and then use the HPSIM Replicate Agent Settings feature to set this information.

If you are not using HPSIM and you need to set this up for multiple systems - and you want the SMH on each system to be configured exactly the same - then you can copy the \hp\hpsmh\conf\smhpd.xml file from a system that is properly configured to the other systems you have installed SMH but could not get configured. This will require some scripting on your part - you will need to restart the SMH service after copying the file.

Good Luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Ivan Daniel
Occasional Visitor

You are correct Rich. It is the SMH page that I'm trying to configure.
As I mentioned the Domain\Group works for previous versions.

Is there a resolution to this 'known issue'in PSP 7.50A?
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor
Solution

There is no resolution in 7.50A because that is where the issue came up. Hopefully, there will be a release soon of just the SMH component that fixes this particular issue. The workarounds I listed in the previous post may work until a new release becomes available.

Another possible workaround would be to get the previous SMH component, preconfigure it and install it. Then you can install the SMH component in PSP7.50 without any configuration and it will keep the configuration from the previous install.

-Rich
Ivan Daniel
Occasional Visitor

I'll try the un-confirgured approach for the workaround for now.

Thanks for you help Rich
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

As an FYI, the SMH component has been updated to correct this problem. It can be donwloaded here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24587.html

Thanks,

-Rich