Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752801 Members
5667 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem restart hpsim 5.0 after restored Insight_V5_0_xxx and PMP_v3_0 from MSDE to SQL 2005

sdao
Occasional Advisor

Problem restart hpsim 5.0 after restored Insight_V5_0_xxx and PMP_v3_0 from MSDE to SQL 2005

1.Restored the 2 databases (Insight & PMP)from MSDE to SQL 2005 format, to a different drive (D to E), on the same server (to get around database size limitation on msde)
2. Modified odbc - Systems DSN to point Insight and pmp data sources to new location (i.e. servername\mssql2005)
3. Restart hp-sim & pmp services
4. Launch hp-sim, it stops at "Checking HTTP server status" ???
I appreciate any help/input on how to solve this issue !
sd
2 REPLIES 2
Sean_180

Re: Problem restart hpsim 5.0 after restored Insight_V5_0_xxx and PMP_v3_0 from MSDE to SQL 2005

I recently had the same problem after moving from MSDE to SQL 2005 express. Here is what fixed it for me:

- Start the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Expand SQL Server 2005 network configuration, and click on Protocols for MSSQLSERVER
- Right-click on TCP/IP and select properties
- Click on IP Addresses tab
- Locate IP 127.0.0.1 in the list, and ensure that it is ACTIVE, and ENABLED
- Restart MSSQLSERVER service
- Restart HPSIM service
- Wait a couple of minutes before starting HPSIM

Also, check browser proxy settings, as this can have an impact. Hope this helps.
sdao
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problem restart hpsim 5.0 after restored Insight_V5_0_xxx and PMP_v3_0 from MSDE to SQL 2005

Sean
Thanks for your input, I have already installed sql 2005 (standard version) and re-install hp-sim on my test lab due to project due date so I do not have a chance to test your suggestions, however I am curious why did you have to restore the databases when upgrade to SQL 2005 express? I was able to upgrade msde engine and databases from MSDE to SQL 2005 Express in my test lab !
Regards,
sdao