Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with HP SIM 7.3 to discover a P2000 g3 FC with WBEM

jff32
Occasional Visitor

Problem with HP SIM 7.3 to discover a P2000 g3 FC with WBEM

Hi,

I have a new HP SIM 7.3 installed on a Windows 2012 Server. All is working fine, but not the discovery of two SAN P2000g3 FC (Firmware : TS250P003). When I run the discovery it block on WBEM and discovery is timed out (I already inccrease the discovery to 30Min, nothing change).

When I run WBEMDISCO tools (result in attachment)  I receive an error message (CIM_ERR_INVALID_CLASS).

It's not network/communication problem as I can manage other boxes with WBEM.

Discovery the P2000 with only SNMP works but I don't get information about disks and luns, which is needed.

Regards,

2 REPLIES
HPSIM-AMG
Frequent Visitor

Re: Problem with HP SIM 7.3 to discover a P2000 g3 FC with WBEM

I have exactly the same experience. We are use HPSIM 7.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2. Our P2000 G3 storages are running with firmware TS2252R07. After logging on at one of the P2000 management controllers, and selecting Configuration / Services / Management I cannot see WBEM/WMI. Using SNMP, I can get traps in HPSIM, but the hardware overall in HPSIM stays green !

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with HP SIM 7.3 to discover a P2000 g3 FC with WBEM

Hello, Does this device support WBEM? If so you would need credentials. SNMP traps create events in SIM datacollection collects hardware status, so getting an error will not change the health status, polling does. There is a task in SIM called Hardware Status Polling for non Servers. This job runs every x times a day to collect hardware status. So if you cant's read SNMP for the device the device will alway stay green as long in't pingable. If you can use SNMP you need to know the community to use.
Kind regards,

Andrew