Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753990 Members
7958 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with HP SIM SQL Install.

Jameson Sow

by starting the SQL Server Browser, it works. I have just tested it when installing HP-SIM ver 6.20

The Lord Pakal

I tried everything i still can not install
"Unable to connect to the specified host...."
May_11
Advisor

Not sure the SQL installed and configured with default or customized instance name?
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Hanre,

How did you go with this problem ? i also face some difficulties in setting up new instance of HP SIM with SQL Server 2005 now.
Best regards,
hafeez.mohammed

Hello There,

I had similar issue while installing HPSIM 6.2 with SQL 2008 Express Edition. SQL Browser service was disabled in default install. Enabled and started and all worked fine.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

wowthat is so good solution Mr. Mohammed.
Best regards,

Hi,
I am trying install and setup HP SIM on a windows 2008 R2 X64 bit (DL380G5)server. I have my database in a enterprise SQL server (2008 SQL server) in same domain, name of the database is hp_sim. I am able to connect to the database using DSN , but when i try install HP Sim and give the details i am getting all types of error like host not reachable, check the port, Database credentails are not correct , database doesn't exist. Did anyone came across this type of problem ? any inputs much appreciated.
Thanks
May_11
Advisor

Check SQL network protocol TCP/IP with enabled status. Might be set named pipe protocol enabled too. Hope it's helps.
alaa_atef
Occasional Visitor

i can not install hp sim 7400 message atachment screenshot

i want install how can i slove this problem

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Is that the screenshot as you tried to install the software? I would guess that you need to type your localhostname in the SQL server name fields.

Kind regards,

Andrew