1754016 Members
7842 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem with server profiles

Ken Herrington
Occasional Advisor

Problem with server profiles

I am having a problem when I add machines back into HPSIM after having removed them previously. I recently moved from a local MSDE db to a remote SQL db while, at the same time, migrating the SIM CMS to a new box. Now, the box that USED TO be the SIM CMS has been rebuilt and refunctioned and when I try to add that machine to the SIM console, the server name is never added BUT the IP for that server is appended to the current CMS entry. I have had this problem on a few other boxes since this migration and I do not know what field or value is being held in my db. I ran into a similar problem with oder versions of the PSP, with the HostGUID, but this is something else it seems. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Here is an example, if this is not clear:
Server2 now has its own IP and that of Server1 on its property page, Server1 has no page at all.

I wonder if the serial numbers are not being purged from the db upon removal of a server or something? I do not have visibility to the db itself, so I don't know exactly what is inside... Any thoughts are appreciated.