New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Margret Schr├╢der
Occasional Contributor

Problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM

Hello Together,

I have a problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM. For testing I removed one of the net plugs at a test machine. One hour later the error report arrived the SMH. After then I have waited for two to three hours, but the SIM didnтАЩt get the error report. It was also everything ok.

My questions:

1. Exists a setting for the SMH to notice such a failure earlier? Is it necessary to accomplish a specially configuration?
2. Is there a setting / a feature which must be activated, so that the SMH sends the error report to the SIM?

Thank you already in Ahead!
3 REPLIES 3
Shivaprasad V

Hi,

On HP-SIM Server, you will have to subscribe for the WBEM/EMS/SNMP Notifications for the test system where you have performed hardware resource operation.

Please create a subscription from HP-SIM Server to receive the Notifications.

Thanks
Shivaprasad
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor
Solution

For Linux/Widows hosts you need to set up traps destination to you SIM server

For linux you need to add line "trapsink sim_server_address communityname" to snmpd.conf (usally /etc/snmpd.conf or /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)

For windows you need to go to Services, "SNMP Service", Properties, "Traps" tab. And fill community name and server address

As for HP-UX, it is better to subscribe to WBEM events. You need to input credentials in SIM, or install SIM certificate on host. After that in SIM -> Options -> Events -> Subscribe to WBEM events
Margret Schr├╢der
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for help