1753656 Members
5765 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with viewing events in HPSIM 5.1

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Problem with viewing events in HPSIM 5.1

I'm having problems trying to view events in HPSIM.
I can view the events using the ES column for individual servers.
Whenever I try and view all of the events via the main Events tab or even a subset like Informational Events I just get blank pages. IE gives a page unavailable error, firefox just never seems to return.
The DB is on SQL 2005 and using Activity monitor I've seen blocking of a Truncate table command. The two times I've seen this it's been a different table.
This all kicked off when I tried to enable the delete events older than 90 days and I got a "The runnable tool object was invalid (default)" error message. Which I didn't find particularly helpful.
Also, when I do try and pull up the events, mxdomainmgr seems to suddenly increase in usage and my session to HPSIM is dropped. Almost like the service got restarted but there's no evidence to suggest it has.
Anyone seen similar and resolved it.
Could be a slow process clearing out events for individual servers!
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with viewing events in HPSIM 5.1

OK, using msaccess it seems our VMWare servers have overwhelmed HPSIM with events, on one around 5,400 events. Another server seems to have more but I just cannot get the events to come up.

So, is there a manual way of deleting events directly from the database?

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

OK, using msquery it seems our VMWare servers have overwhelmed HPSIM with events, on one around 5,400 events. Another server seems to have more but I just cannot get the events to come up.

So, is there a manual way of deleting events directly from the database?

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Manually deleted events by specific Noticetype from the Notices table in the HPSIM Database.
There were around 80,000 events from our VMWare Host servers. I could not manage the events via HPSIM.
It would be nice if HPSIM could just extract up to the maximum events it could handle then you could do something with them - e.g. delete them.