Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751911 Members
5198 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems Updating HP SIM 5.1 to 5.2 (Database, MS SQL)

Stefan Noll

Problems Updating HP SIM 5.1 to 5.2 (Database, MS SQL)

Hello,

after updating HP SIM 5.1 to 5.2 we're missing all configurations, because the setup creates always a new empty database, leaving the old DB without updating or importing the old data. All attempts to use the old SIM DB fails. We renamed the old database to the new databasename and run the sql-script "schema51_52.sql" on the old database (without erros) too. We also try to change the DSN to the old DB and changing the config-files etc. etc. After this, the 'HP Systems Insight Manager'-service starts, but when starting the 'Systems Insight Manager'-Link the check service is running endless.
Is there any script we can use to import the data oder update the old DB?

Environment: Windows Server 2003 / MSDE

Best Regards
Stefan
3 REPLIES 3
Haz Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Re: Problems Updating HP SIM 5.1 to 5.2 (Database, MS SQL)

Hi Stefan, I had the same problem.

I don't mean to freak you out, but the onyl way I could get it to work was basically to start again.

The old DB is MSDE, the new database is SQL express. Basically they are not compatible and completely different.

You will not get them to work unless you can use a Microsoft scripting tool to convert your old DB.

Good luck.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

No Stefan,

When you upgrade 5.1 to 5.2, SIM upgrades database and migrates data to SQL express.
its doesn't create new database always.
you are getting all configuration may be a different issue.
Stefan Noll

Hi Ajay,

this is not correct in our case. We've tryed more than one times - and more than one way to update from 5.1 to 5.2. The update always created a new database and never migrated the old one or imports the old data.
We also moved the old Database to an existing MS SQL-Server and it was exactly the same result.

And if you look at the answer of Haz, it seems that this is not a singular problem, too.

Best Regards
Stefan