1753877 Members
7281 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems downloading 7.60b agents for ESX 3.0.1

Rob Bohmann
Occasional Advisor

Problems downloading 7.60b agents for ESX 3.0.1

Just checking to see if anyone else has heard of problems downloading these. It may be our firewall but one file in particular is appearing corrupted when I unzip the files...
"Verifying RPM packages:
Verifying hp-OpenIPMI-7.6.0-150.vmware.i386.rpm....FAILED "
I've downloaded it twice, and had another person here try today, all with the same result. I am going to try and download it from home tonight to see if it is our firewall, just wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I got the same issue, but it actually all installed okay. It's like there's a final bit that is missing but it doesn't impact the extracted files.

I have had issues in the past with the various browser downloaders and have reverted to ftp which often fixes the issue. Doesn't seem to matter which browser/downlader either from IE to firefox with Free Download manager.
Rob Bohmann
Occasional Advisor

My problem is not okay as the install will not run. It checks for filel integrity and errors out when it finds a corrupt file.
This script will now attempt to install the HP Insight Manager Agents
Do you wish to continue (y/n) y

Verifying VMware ESX Server version[ OK ]

Verifying RPM packages:
Verifying hp-OpenIPMI-7.6.0-150.vmware.i386.rpm[FAILED]
Package hp-OpenIPMI-7.6.0-150.vmware.i386.rpm is corrupted
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

That is different from the error I got.
All I can suggest is trying ftp.
The file you'll need will be:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p308167494/v38815/hpmgmt-7.6.0b-vmware.tgz

I've logged in using anonymous to do this in the past.
Rob Bohmann
Occasional Advisor

After a 4th download and install attempt I know have this working. Weird that the 1st 3 all corrupted on the same file but that was the case. Problem fixed, thanks for your responses Rob.