cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in ESX agents status

Mikael Rönnbäck
Super Advisor

Problems in ESX agents status

We're trying out the new HP ESX 2.5.2 agents and we've installed the agents on a test-esx.
The agents work fine so far but we have a status problem I cannot find out how to handle.

The SMH gives me an alert for File System Space used, but when I look at the details none of the disks are full. The most full disk uses 400 GB out of 800 GB, the remaning ones are either less used or empty.

Also in addition I can't set thresholds on any of the non-full disks, meaning thresholds cannot be set on the empty volumes or the root volume (which of course is not empty), the thresholds are only saved on 2 of the 6 volumes. Could that be the cause for the disk alert on the SMH ?
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems in ESX agents status

Last time I tried I needed to use the Remove Thresholds option and then just re-add the thresholds I wanted.

But, I think I'm seeing a similar problem on our 2.5.2 ESX Servers. I've just not got around to testing and rechecking as yet.
Mikael Rönnbäck
Super Advisor

Re: Problems in ESX agents status

Did you get to test anything more on this, at least I can't seem to find any way to solve this. Might possibly log a case with HP but I'm still prioritizing my performance case which is just being escalated so in the meantime I'm just looking for options to check myself whenever I've got the time.