4038 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems monitoring servers through firewall

SCC-Colin
Advisor

Problems monitoring servers through firewall

Hi
I'm having problems monitoring servers through our firewall. I believe I have all the correct ports open according to the documentation.
I can discover servers OK, but some are coming up as unmanaged, and don't have any management protocol's, any idea's why this is please?
The one's that it does do OK, only have HTTP and SMH as there management protocol's, and when you click on the Health Status it says "There is no System Management Hope Page for ..." but if I go to https://servername:2381 I get the login screen up OK. Again does anyone have ideas why this is?
Many thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
Tobias Schulze
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problems monitoring servers through firewall

Did you checked the credentials (either global or system specific)?

You might establish a trust relationship between your managed servers and the SIM by adding the SIM to the "Trusted Managment Server" list on the SMH (Settings -> Security)

Regards
Tobias
SCC-Colin
Advisor

Hi Tobias,
All the credentials are set correctly and also "Trusted ManagedMent Server" as I have the certificate OK.

Any other idea's?

Thanks
Colin
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You don't mention any versions. Earlier versions of SMH and HP SIM required 2301 to also be available.
SCC-Colin
Advisor

Hi David,
We are currently running version 5.1 of SIM and the SMH are on 2.1.10.186 but have upgraded some to the latest PSP and still nothing. Port 2301 is available.
Thanks
Colin