Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752803 Members
5720 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems with HP Management Agents Test Trap issues...

Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Problems with HP Management Agents Test Trap issues...

Problem Statement : The customer had Compaq Insight Management Agents 5.50 installed on the server. I installed the Proliant Support Pack 7.51 which includes the HP Insight Management Agents 7.50.

When I first did this I stopped and started SNMP and when I went into Control Panel and looked for the HP Management Agents it was not there, instead the Compaq Management Agents applet was still there. I then ran a tool called CPQClnUP which I had gotten from support a few months back. This program cleaned up the old Compaq Management Agent applet, it also destroyed the Network settings. I reinstalled the network driver and settings and then installed the HP Management Agents version 7.50 again.

When I brought up the HP Management Agents applet I went to the SNMP tab and the ├в Send Test Trap├в button was grayed out. I went to the System Management Homepage and tried to send the test trap from there. When I did that I received the following error in a pop up ├в ├в grpcfg.exe ├в Entry point not found : The procedure entry point SnmpMutexRelease could not be located in the dynamic link library cqhstutl.dll.├в

I spoke to support and was told to uninstall and then reinstall SNMP. I did this and then reconfigured SNMP. I then went back to the System Management Homepage. There was no change, when I sent the Test Trap I go the same error. The ├в Send Test Trap├в button is still grayed out.

I went into the System Event Log and found the following errors :

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQTHRSH├в . The data contains the error code.

Data: 0000: 0000007f

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQSTAT├в . The data contains the error code.

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQMHOST├в . The data contains the error code.

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQFCA├в . The data contains the error code.

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQMIDA├в . The data contains the error code.

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQMSCSI├в . The data contains the error code.

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQIDE├в . The data contains the error code.

The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not load the module ├в CPQHLTH├в . The data contains the error code.

I have been working on this problem on and off for approximately 6 months. I really need to find the solution to this problem.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Mueller Thomas

we have the same problem. had the Compaq Management Agents (ML350/Win2000) installed, updated to 7.51a and now half of the agents won't work anymore.

and we also tested new version 7.60. It's not better.

Ben Vallance
Advisor

We also have the same problem, updating from older compaq branded PSPs to version 7.4 or 7.6. Look in control panel and it still shows the Compaq Management agents instead of the new HP Management agents.
BimmVerg

Have the same problem. First, NIC agents are not able to Start up in Services. I noticed the older Compaq Agents were in Add/Remove programs. So, I removed Compaq and installed latest agents. Now, the NIC agents is finally running, but I am getting Foundation Agents errors like mentioned above.

HELP!!!!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Just a note, some folk here have talked about updating the agents.
If you update agents separately rather than apply the entire PSP then your results may not be good.
Newer agents rely on later versions of some of the underlying drivers. So you do need to update the entire PSP.

You are restricted on the PSP available for the older OSes, e.g. NT4 stops at 6.31 and I've not seen a 7.70 PSP for W2000.
When that's the case I leave the agents at the same level as the PSP. Most of the functionality still works and I get the monitoring I need.