-R Removes all proxy configuration.

Which is what I am doing.

Anyone know why it will not run?

Thanks,
Sean
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with SIM5.1 remote support pack registration

Hard to say as the forum hasn't handled the translation too well.

The command is:
configureProxy -H [hostname] [yourport] RUN_AUTH

Not sure if that was a -H in your post as it was a bit garbled.
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks.

Turns out I am an idiot.
I was not using the brackets as I thought it was there for documentation purposes. LIke sometimes when docs show brackets and such for where to put a keyword, but not actually used.

Sean
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Actually, disregard last post..Not using brackets as I shouldn't and it is trying to configure now..Thanks
Gary Thacker
Occasional Advisor

Well, I installed HP SIM 5.1 on a physical HP box (not virtual) and everything is working fine now.
Birkoff

I have been struggling with this for 2 days now and am wondering when "everything is working fine".

I am running HPSIM 5.1 inside an ESX guest (w2k3 r2). At first i had some installation problems with the SSM (the installer could not remove a status file in the C: root, but i manually removed the file when the install log said it couldnt and the setup continued)

After the registration process in SSM i have 5 packages available. I installed all 5. Then i logged in to HPSIM and saw the extra column "CW". All devices managed have a question mark in that column.

via "options > Remote Support Configuration and Services" i configured contact details.

On the second tab i can see my 5 physical proliant hosts, but not any of my procurve and san switches. The support obligation column contains a grey icon which means "no rsec results available". When i click the icon i have the ability to check again, but after that finishes there is still data available.

I ran several software status polling, hardware status polling, bi-weekly data collection tasks, but still no result.

i also performed a "Contract and Warranty Data Collection" task for all of the 5 physical machines, but that fails with the following error "There was a problem processing the request. Verify the Remote Support Client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet."

Where should the Remote Support Client be running? on that physical machine?

Were do i get that Remote Support Client of that's the case.

If the above is the result of SSM being installed inside the VM, is it then possible to install only SSM on a physical machine and leaving SIM inside a VM?

For some reason i am unable to reach docs.hp.com for days (from various internet connections) so i have not been able to read all troubleshooting information because google's cache does only so much....

best regards,

Jasper
Gary Thacker
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 5.1 did not work for me inside ESX. I was using ESX 3.0.1 running W2k3 Enterprise SP1 as the guest OS and I could not get Remote Support working at all.

I had to try it on a physical box.

I am using a DL360 G3 and I am not encountering the errors I had in the vitrual world.

It is my understanding that you contact HP for support 90 days after install but after that...yes you guessed it....HP will be charging for support for a product that has been out since the Insight Compaq days.
Birkoff

so you did not get as far as me when installing inside a VM?

how long did it take for the contract/warranty status to appear on your physical box and what steps did you take (and in what order)?

do you also have any other products like procurve switches, san arrays or san switches and does SIM give warranty info for those devices?
Gary Thacker
Occasional Advisor

After I registered Remote Support, I just performed an "identify system" on all my devices and in about 2 to 5 minutes I had the warranty status button.

I have not added my EVA 4000's yet but a brocade switch was discovered with the correct warranty status.