5669 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Processor Time / Disk Time Busy/Failed even after Thresholds disabled

RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Processor Time / Disk Time Busy/Failed even after Thresholds disabled

Hi all,
I am having some troubles with the CMS, giving errors for Processor time busy/failed and Logical Disk time Busy/Failed constantly. I have brought the thresholds down to below 5%, thus disabling them, but the errors keep on coming. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

I'm having similar problems. Is there something in SIM or the IM agents which would reset the thresholds to the default?

Thanks,
- Steve
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What version are the agents?
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

In my case at least, 7.40. I know that there has been an issue with these agents being more sensitive to processor time. It just seems to me that in a few instances, I've disabled the thresholds for a server, and then gone back to found them re-enabled. I may just be going nuts, but I'm pretty sure.
Jim Walsh_2
Frequent Advisor

also make sure that when you are in editing the thresholds you are doing it with an account that has the rights to do it

i've seen instances where people go in and try to make changes with an account that doesnt have the rights to change them and they are ripping their hair out

RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Is there a way to disable the reporting on this at the CMS itself, so that it doesnt even collect or report on these items?