1753766 Members
5502 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Product Investigation Questions

Exsilium
Collector

Product Investigation Questions

1. How does SIM handle duplicates as far as Discovery is concerned тАУ say for example if management port ip is on the same ip range as the nic?

2. I need to know specifically if SIM supports ExDS and IBRIX X9320/9720 as both are EOL. The information I have been able to find suggests that the IBRIX x9730 is supported but not specifically the others. If they are not "officially" supported, are there known work arounds?

3. Some information points to the ability to use the iLo management processor instead of an Agent on a managed system, but the information is vague. Are there limits or is this the case with any system with iLo? Will this require any specific firmware upgrades?

4. Does SIM have the ability to integrate with ITRC to generate hardware replacement requests?

5. Side note: Does SIM have the ability to integrate with Serena Business Manager to generate support tickets?

What it comes down to is we want ot implement SIM as our solution but dont know if our mixture of ExDS, IBRIX, MSA and EVA, all of which are EOL, are supported or not.

Thank you for your time,

Jeremy

3 REPLIES 3
shocko
Honored Contributor

1. If management ports are on the same segment then that's no issue as long as they have different addresses. The serial number of the server is what's used to associate management cars to servers
  2. Not sure to be honest
  3. This is only possible on G8 servers with the agentless management service installed otherwise you need the Insight agents or WMI Providers installed on the monitored server
  4. Yes, via Insight Remote Support integration with SIM
  5. SIM can forward on events in a couple of different formats so possibly i.e.. SNMP mail

I hope this answers some of your questions ;)

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Exsilium
Collector

Thank you, now just need the single most important question answered, will SIM support 60% of the hardware we have on in our white space.
shocko
Honored Contributor

That might prove difficult! Its a free product so I guess you could install and see how it goes but that might also be a lot of effort. The best place to start would be to see what versions of the agents are available for the hardware and work from there. Perhaps you could even try the US sales online chat feature?? They might have some guides.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)