1753964 Members
7396 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Program can't find the approppriate systems management driver

nocavg
Occasional Visitor

Program can't find the approppriate systems management driver

I am installing the HP Insight Agents for a 3rd party product for a customer of ours on a ProLiant ML350 G6. I downloaded cp017646 and after it has extracted I get this error:

"The software is not supported for installation on this system.

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setip again"

Since this is a customer's server I am reluctant to run the whole Proliant Support Pack or whatever it is called these days. Is there just a link to the driver itself?

Here is the OS. Thanks

Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Standard FE

Version: 6.0.6002

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Program can't find the approppriate systems management driver

Hrllo,
Could it be that the windows version running is 32 bits and the installer is 64 bits?

You can always download a 32bits management agent. If not already installed you will also need the System Management Homepage installer.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

3rd party? you mean the server is apart of another companies pre-packaged solution? If so, you may need to check with that vendor sometimes they make modifications that will not support the agents.

nocavg
Occasional Visitor

After a lot of online searching I was able to find the fix on both a 2012 Server and 2008 64 bit. The key was the older cp013803.exe (HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions).

In one case the driver installed fine and then the Mgmt Agents right afterward. In the case of the 2012 server it said the OS was not supported. I just ran the installer and choose to Extract the contents to a folder. From there I opened Device Manager and found an item marked yellow. I think it was something like IPM??. Chose to update driver and pointed it to the folder with the recently extracted cp013803.  Mgmt Agents install ran fine.

Solution was found here    http://headadmin.net/?p=390

Driver here    http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?cc=us&lang=en&sp4ts.oid=3288134&swItem=MTX_81d3c928edde4fedaec2dd12ba&ac.admitted=1382098138342.876444892.199480143