6494 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant Health Manager / ASR

Ragni Singh
Super Advisor

Proliant Health Manager / ASR

Hello,

has anyone run into this issue where teh proliant systems reboot without any notice. In the BIOS setting, I think ASR comes enabled. Do you have to disable ASR with health manager or leave it enabled?

POints will be assigned.
2 REPLIES 2
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Health Manager / ASR

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but it is possible that the ASR feature is causing your server to reboot. I am not sure if all the systems still have the Integrated Management Log (IML). If the system you have does you might check to see if it has an ASR event logged there. The BIOS used to log an event on reboot if it recognized an ASR occrred. Anyway, if you disable the ASR feature in the BIOS setting as you mentioned - it should turn it off. It is just a hardware based watchdog timer that works in conjuction with software to reset the system if it thinks it is in a "hung" condition. You can have it turned on or off with the other management features of the server. Hopefully, that answers your question.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Health Manager / ASR

Sanjit: I would be asking what the condition was that caused the halt which caused the reboot and not how to turn it off...