4352 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Server Warranty information

rogerpatel
Advisor

Proliant Server Warranty information

Hello all,

Need some help, i have install HP SIM 5.2 and populated it with around 80 Servers and all seems to work fantastic. However the information i'm trying to also get is the server warrantey infomation.

From reading around i see that under options i'm meant to have a option called "Contract and Warrenty" but i dont.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction as i'd love to be able to view my server warranty status on all the servers.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

You need to run the "Remote Support Software Manager (Windows Administrators only)" application which should be located on the desktop of your SIM server. Once you run this, and configure it, it will download the additional software SIM needs for the Contract and Warrenty" stuff.

I know - it makes no sense to me either. Why go through all the trouble of installing SIM, only to have it missing those parts. HP should just include the software needed as part of the SIM install, but they don't and that's just the way it is.

Also, make sure you run the "Remote Support Software Manager (Windows Administrators only)" from the console of the server. It will not run in an RDP session.

Nelson
rogerpatel
Advisor

Thanks Nelson,

I have now icon on the desktop, is there another way to run it ?
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

My icon points to:

"C:\Program Files\HP\SWMAgent\SWM\GUI\swmui.hta"

See if you have that file and run it manually.

Nelson