7990 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Support Pack 8.0 w/ SIM 5.1 SP1

Ryan Bess
Advisor

Proliant Support Pack 8.0 w/ SIM 5.1 SP1

All,
Recently we have started rolling out Proliant Support Pack 8.0 to a few of our servers. Those servers we have rolled out this PSP to sometimes show up in SIM as unable to find the VCA or the SMH. The fix (atleast for a few servers) is to delete this server from SIM and rediscover it. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

Many Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Ryan Bess
Advisor

OK so more on this. I've also seen this where when I run an Identify on the servers, it fails to talk to the SMH and VCA but once I restart these services everything clears up. Again, this only appears to happen with the version 8.0 of the proliant support pack.

Many Thanks.
Jeff Peil
Frequent Advisor

Ryan, I think this is a common problem that is in need of a fix from HP, but I cant find anyone that knows it is being worked on. I have the same problem, rolled out 8.0 to a handful of servers. SMH and VCA do not work unless you restart the service. But they will break again eventually.

See this thread:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1214016
Ryan Bess
Advisor

Yeah i've saw that thread after i posted mine. I've since backed our servers down to 7.9.1 and all is better. Hopefully HP will resolve the 8.0 PSP soon.

Many thanks,
Ryan
Andrew Mackay(CA)
Occasional Advisor

Me three

I have just deployed SIM 5.2 to my system. Started using PSP 8.0 and discovered this issue with the SMH and VCA.

I rolled just the SMH component back to 7.91 on the SIM server but I still have the issue.

I hope HP are working on this. Logging my support case now.