1753371 Members
4888 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Support Pack Version Report

afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

Proliant Support Pack Version Report

I have about 60 servers with outdated firmware/drivers and I am in the process of installing the initial support pack on these machines. Discovery process is complete, and I've verified the ports I opened are working by pushing out PSP 7.51 to a few servers succesfully. Is there a way I can use the built-in reporting to get a list of which servers are now up to 7.51 and which need to be upgraded? I saw one built-in report that gave me the versions for every single file for every server, TMI... Or is there another way I can tell which servers I have left to push out the PSP?
12 REPLIES 12
Jim P Walsh

Install the version control agent on the servers and enable it in SIM. Make sure you have the latest PSP in your repository and the agent should flag the servers that are not of the latest version with a little yellow mark in the VC column in SIM.
afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

I have the latest version in the repository, but I don't see the VC column in SIM, I see HS,MP,SW,VPM. If I try to click on the SW column for any server, i get a message stating SW Status:Security Trust Issue,
Be sure that a trust relationship exists between the HP Systems Insight Manager and version control agent on the target system.
This makes no sense because the ones I am testing I have already pushed out the latest PSP and configured the trusted certificate using configure or repair agents.
frank vandebergh
Frequent Advisor

The SW column is the column for the version control status. The trust issue you have can be fixed by going to system management homepage on all servers, then to settings > security > "Trusted management server".
There's a section "add certificate from server". Enter the name of your sim server and click the button, it should add a certificate.
Once that is done, give sim some time to update the SW status
afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

I have already pushed out the certificate from the trusted management server to all servers. I attempted this manually anyway on one of the servers and it fails. I then disabled the windows firewall on the management server and I was able to add the certificate. What port do I need to open to allow the certificate/trust information to transfer between the servers?
frank vandebergh
Frequent Advisor

for the version control status, port 280 and 2381 need to be open from system to management server.
afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

I already have 2381 open for the Systems Management Homepage stuff, what I was unaware of 280, what does this need to be open for? Is this supposed to be 2080??
frank vandebergh
Frequent Advisor

port 280 is used by the 'clients' to report their status updates to the sim server, as far as I understood.
frank vandebergh
Frequent Advisor

afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the help, but nowhere in that document does it mention opening port 280.
The only reference I saw about clients updating their status back to the CMS is over TCP port 80.