New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pulling out Storage Report from HP SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Pulling out Storage Report from HP SIM

Folks,

I was asked to provide HP SIM report detailing the current Drive Array storage configuration for our Windows servers.

I ran sample report on several of our servers, using the Storage folder (from the Reports menu). However, the report comes out blank every time.

What do we need to do force HP SIM to read and report Storage info on the servers?

Thanks!!!
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

The storage part of the reporting utility is dedicated to san related devices. You'd better be using the general list: What you are looking for is :
Physical Disk Drives
System Name
Controller Slot
System Type
Drive Model
Drive Firmware
Drive Size (MB)
Drive Serial Number
Drive Vendor
Drive Service Time
Transfer Mode
Chassis
Port
Drive
Hard Read Errors
Hard Write Errors
Logical Disk Drives
System Name
Description
Total Size (MB)
Used (MB)
Percentage Used

Array Controllers
System Name
Model
Version
Serial Number
Firmware Revision
Slot Number
Board Name

Does that help ?

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply...

Unfortunately, it does not really help me. I already looked at the general reports you refer to. These do not show the partitioning information.

For example, my company wants to obtain a report of current logical and physical partitioning of our servers (over 1,000). The general reports show some info, but not as easy to figure out as my bosses want.

They want to see a report that shows which arrays are using RAID0, RAID5, RAID5+Spare, etc, as well as the logical partitioning of the above mentioned RAID drives.

Is there another way to obtain this info?
Brian Wright_1
Frequent Advisor

I'm looking to find out this information as well. Specifically the RAID type of each server and its direct attached Disks. There has to be a way to get this information, in the SMH, it will show what RAID type a Logical Drive is, and what disks are in that array, but the storage reports show NOTHING. The General fields will show each physical disks information, and then logical disk for what's formatted, but that's it.

HP, PLEASE HELP WITH A SOLUTION!

Be Patient, I'm reloading.