108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Push PSP from Windows CMS to Linux Managed Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robin Fuller
Advisor

Push PSP from Windows CMS to Linux Managed Server

I'm trying to update the PSP on a linux redhat dl585 from a server 2003 CMS but the HPSIM system deploy-> deploy drivers, firmware and agents menu either doesn't allow the "Initial Proliant Support Pack install" or doesn't provide a Linux variant from "Install Software and Firmware".

What is the method for pushing a Linux PSP from a windows CMS?
8 REPLIES 8
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

Re: Push PSP from Windows CMS to Linux Managed Server

Have you checked that the Version Control Repository contains the PSPs for Redhat?

What version of SIM are you using?
Robin Fuller
Advisor

using 5.3.

That's the problem - how do you get the linux PSP to show up in the repository. I assummed that the software manager did it, but there are no package options that look like that...
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

There are a couple of ways to do it. You can either upload the PSP maually by downloading the PSP unpacking it to a directory and then using the VCRM using

https://hostname:2381/vcrepository

you select "Upload a Support Pack" and browse to where the unpacked PSP is and select it.

Or it should update and download the PSPs if you have configured the automatic update settings.
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

should have added that you need to replace hostname with the name of you SIM server.
Robin Fuller
Advisor

Ok, yeah I just figured that if you move it into the c:\repository VCMR will discover it.

Right now it's psp-8.15.rhel5.x86_64.en.tar.gz

VCM reads the packages in it, but if I want to install a package do I need to gunzip/untar it?

When I use the VCRM link from HPSIM I see both the windows and linux PSP, but when I do an options -> VCR it just shows the windows trees. How do I get the Linux package trees displayed?
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

You will need to unzip it. If you just unzip it directly into the repository folder then you will need to rebuild the catalog in order to see it. This can be done by going to the link above and going to the catalog tab and selecting "rescan repository and rebuild catalog"
Robin Fuller
Advisor

That didn't seem to work either. Once I figured out that "upload" really means "download" I did an automatic "upload" and that got the packages displayed in HPSIM->Options->VCR correctly.

Not sure what the manual process would be. Would I also need to unzip all the individual packages (after unzipping the original PSP package) do you think? i.e. there should be no *.gz files in the repository?
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor
Solution

No, you dont need to unzip all the individual files. Our repo is working correctly and we still have files in there with gz extentions. I am pretty sure that these are copied across to the server that you are updating and unpacked locally during the install process.