9155 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL6 65bit can't sign in to HPSIM - MxPAMAuthRealm PAM

ChrisHulley
Visitor

RHEL6 65bit can't sign in to HPSIM - MxPAMAuthRealm PAM

Hi,

This problem is starting to drive me a bit mad; IтАЩve been working on it most of the weekтАж.

IтАЩve installed HP SIM 6.3 on a RHEL 6 64bit machine.  It has installed correctly and the services are up and running.   However, when I go to login through the browser the username and password are rejected.

I get a line in the mx.log file ->

BST,SESSION,FAILURE,LOGIN,USER,Sign-In Failed Authentication (123.21.16.179),WARNING,root,,,

I also get a line logged to the mxdomainmgr.0.log file ->

ERROR: MxPAMAuthRealm - The PAM shared library was not found

This error (and another article on a similar subject) sent me to the /etc/pam.d/mxpamauthrealm file where I found it was pointing to the 32 bit library path.  IтАЩve download the PAM-32 bit rpm and installed.  There now exists a set of shared objects in the correct path.  I have ->

The full set of PAM shared objects in /lib/

I also have created three symbolic links in /usr/lib (just mirroring the 64 bit functionality, I donтАЩt know if this is necessary or not)

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     22 Jul 28 14:22 libpamc.so -> ../../lib/libpamc.so.0

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     26 Jul 28 14:22 libpam_misc.so -> ../../lib/libpam_misc.so.0

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     21 Jul 28 14:22 libpam.so -> ../../lib/libpam.so.0

Why isnтАЩt HP SIM using these? IтАЩm at a lossтАж.

Any help would be much appreciated, have I missed something.

Chris

p.s I have installed HP SIM on a 32 bit RHEL 6 instance and it works just fine.

2 REPLIES 2
KISHOR BHASME
HPE Pro

Hi,

You need to add the following RPMs to get this issue reolve

1. pam-1.1.1-8.el6.i686.rpm

dependencies:

libaudit.so.1 is needed by pam-1.1.1-8.el6.i686

libcrack.so.2 is needed by pam-1.1.1-8.el6.i686

libdb-4.7.so is needed by pam-1.1.1-8.el6.i686

libselinux.so.1 is needed by pam-1.1.1-8.el6.i686

Installed above dependencies from following packages -

1.         audit-libs-2.1-5.el6.i686.rpm

2.         cracklib-2.8.16-4.el6.i686.rpm

3.         db4-4.7.25-16.el6.i686.rpm

4.         libselinux-2.0.94-5.el6.i686.rpm

If your system ask for more dependencies for the PAM, just google it with the ' <filename>.so el6' you would get lot of sites where you can find actual package name 

The /lib/security was empty before the above PAM update, after update the /lib/security contain following shared objects

# ls /lib/security/

also check  the SIM auth file in /etc/pam.d/ named as MxPAMAuthRealm, it shows the path as /lib/security  

pam_access.so     pam_filter        pam_mail.so        pam_selinux_permit.so  pam_unix_acct.so

pam_chroot.so     pam_filter.so     pam_mkhomedir.so   pam_selinux.so         pam_unix_auth.so

pam_console.so    pam_ftp.so        pam_motd.so        pam_sepermit.so        pam_unix_passwd.so

pam_cracklib.so   pam_group.so      pam_namespace.so   pam_shells.so          pam_unix_session.so

pam_debug.so      pam_issue.so      pam_nologin.so     pam_stress.so          pam_unix.so

pam_deny.so       pam_keyinit.so    pam_permit.so      pam_succeed_if.so      pam_userdb.so

pam_echo.so       pam_lastlog.so    pam_postgresok.so  pam_tally2.so          pam_warn.so

pam_env.so        pam_limits.so     pam_pwhistory.so   pam_time.so            pam_wheel.so

pam_exec.so       pam_listfile.so   pam_rhosts.so      pam_timestamp.so       pam_xauth.so

pam_faildelay.so  pam_localuser.so  pam_rootok.so      pam_tty_audit.so

pam_faillock.so   pam_loginuid.so   pam_securetty.so   pam_umask.so 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

srlhp

Thanks! Works for me! Just installed 32bit PAM package