108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Receiving alerts from External Storage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Foster_4
Occasional Advisor

Receiving alerts from External Storage

We currently have a 3 node (Netware) Cluster that is connected to external storage through a Storage Works SAN Switch 2/8v and an HSV100. HP Insight Manager sees the Netware Servers no problem but it doesn't see the external storeage. What is need so that I can manage and receive alerts from the external drives. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Dave.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Receiving alerts from External Storage

Generally HPSIM sees the storage via CommandView. CommandView is configured to send SNMP Traps to HPSIM.
It can be extended by configuring SMI-S which then gets a lot more data about the storage.
You say you have an HSV100 Controller, what kind of storage array is this? We have HSV100's as part of an EVA3000. CV EVA is provided to manage the EVA3000.
Dave Foster_4
Occasional Advisor

Yup, it'a an EVA3000. I guess with the arrangment we have HP monitors the system for us, but we aren't getting called when there are drive failures. Regardless, I wouldn't mind monitoring the storage from our side as well. I'll look farther into Commandview...thx
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Dave,
HP will usually monitor the EVA via ISEE.
From CommandView there's a System Options section where you configure which events you want to pass through as well as the Host to send them to.

In addition you should be able to configure SNMP on the switches to send their SNMP Traps to the HPSIM Server as well.