Hi,

I just installed below these into my Redhat Enterprise 5.5

HP ProLiant 385

1. hp-health

2. hpsmh

3. lm_sensors

4. net-snmp

5. hp-snmp-agent

after installed above packages, i copy below this and paste into my snmpd.conf file.

rwcommunity hpagents 127.0.0.1
rocommunity public 127.0.0.1
rwcommunity hpagents IP_Address_of_Host
rocommunity public IP_Address_of_the_Host
trapsink cim7.test.com
syscontact testunix
syscontact Root (configure /etc/snmp/snmp.local.conf)
syslocation

When i try open https://localhost:2381

I notice smh can not detect System Model: Unknow,

Management Processor: none

Data source: nothing

Kindly please refer to attached picture for more information.

One more thing, i can not find snmp service inside redhat services, do i need to install snmp service?

3 REPLIES 3
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Re: Redhat Enterprise: HP System Management Homepage datasource not showing snmp

Not sure about Redhat, but windows NEEDS SNMP to be installed in order to use the SMH properly otherwise it shows up just as you have described.

sterls27
Frequent Advisor

Re: Redhat Enterprise: HP System Management Homepage datasource not showing snmp

you state below that you have net-snmp installed, but if the service does not show in the /etc/init.d and you cannot verify that snmpd is running, then may need to reinstall properly like using yum, apt, up2date, etc. so it can download the necessary dependecies...the lm_sensors package should have been installed with net-snmp.  The hp agents tie into the net-snmp and add the dlmod cmaX to the snmpd.conf file, that's how they can get their information from snmp.  You also need to be sure you have the smh templates package installed as well, otherwise it doesn't know how to format the data for the system management homepage and even with everything installed and running, the smh will still be blank and show no data.  Basically install net-snmp, install the hp-health, install hp-snmp-agents and configure to use snmp (/sbin/hpsnmpconfg - this adds the dlmod to the snmpd.conf file), install the hpsmh package and then also install the smh template package.

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

We tried to complain but HP support believes that it is the customer problem.

The HP Bundle for Redhat is missing a snmputil dependency.

snmpset which is used by the SMH is no longer part of the snmp-net package.

Try to install snmputil and reinstall the HP-snmp-agent and the SMH.

Restart the processes and you should see the source.

For the developers which hopefully reads this forum:

Could you fix the broken test trap on the SMH in the HP-SNMP-AGENT code.

Thanks in advance