Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751897 Members
5499 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Reference Pack not available to select?

xzaf
Advisor

Reference Pack not available to select?

Hello,

i have read the below post and tried to follow to troubleshoot the issue i have with reference pack not available in VCA change settings. Initially when i installed HPSIM 7.2 (new install) it worked but i have no idea what stopped it from working. All i can see in VCRM there are three more Support packs downlaoded and intially i only had 3 ?  see attached.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Update-Reference-Support-Pack-for-Multiple-Hosts-VCA-in-SIM-5-2/m-p/4364468#.VhZcLk3rvDc

Can someone please help me with this as i have been pulling my hair for days...!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

All PSP packages seem incomplete. If you click one baseline can you see missing files? If you do and the file is present do a rescan of your repository or restart the VCRM service.
Kind regards,

Andrew
xzaf
Advisor

this is what i see in one of the basline, is this normal? (see attached)

cheers

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

No not realy, did you upload the SPPS or did you unpack the SPP and placed itvin the repository directory?

Are the files present in the repository? Otherwise download them by hand and put them in the Repository directory.

Kind regards,

Andrew
xzaf
Advisor

no, i just let HPSIM donwnlaod it itself, so i do i need to download missing files nad  manully place them?

do you have a link that i can download SPPS from ?

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Sure you can download these packages by hand. I alway unpack a SPP by hand and put then in a separate folder to be able to add or remove one SPP.

A SPP can be downloaded here : http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx
Kind regards,

Andrew
xzaf
Advisor

Thanks, so what about the auto downloads by HPSIM itself, what should i do with those downloads?

Cheers

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

My personal preference is to disable the auto download and delete the old files/folder. This keeps things clean. If needed you can create subfolders for additional new downloaded SPPS and later you can easily delete old unneeded SPPS. I always try to keep the SPPS to a max of tree to keep things running smooth.
Kind regards,

Andrew