8613 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Refresh hardware/software info

BeltwayBenny
Advisor

Refresh hardware/software info

Hi All,

I entered 2 machines into HPSIM, the SNMP settings on the servers were not correct so I changed them and restarted SNMP (and all dependent HP agents). I can run SNMPUTIL.EXE from the SIM box to these servers, so I know the SNMP settings are correct. However, I don't see the updated information in HPSIM, the servers are listed as 'UNKNOWN'. I tried using the Options > Status Polling (hardware/software) feature but the systems don't display the current hardware/softare info. I've waited for at least 45 minutes since the polling.

This does work: Delete and re-add the machine.

Do I have to delete/re-add every machine that does not have the correct SNMP settings? This does not sound right.

Thanks,

Ben
4 REPLIES 4
BeltwayBenny
Advisor

I went under Tasks & Logs Daily Device Identification and ran the "Daily Device Identification" job. After it finished the machine info showed up.
Nick Morris
Advisor

Yeah after any hardware or software changes, then a status polling will need to be run. Hardware changes are done by default daily and software changes are updated by default bi-weekly. Options -> Status polling is where this can be done. Or the scheduled tasks as you pointed out work too to re-run.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You can just run the Identification task available under the options tab and just select the server to identify.

In some cases I've found running a data collection task for the server can also fix things, especially for some reason, PMP.
BeltwayBenny
Advisor

Thanks!