Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Association of Blade Servers and Chassis

geajith
Frequent Advisor

Reg : Association of Blade Servers and Chassis

Hi,

I'm planning to import the third party MIB for monitoring some vendor specific devices. Is there a feasibility to have the custom rules to be created so that the HP SIM console will discover the devices and will have the association of Blade Servers and corresponding Chassis in the HP SIM console. Also looking for the feasibility of associating the corresponding remote access device with the server in the HP SIM console as well.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,

-Ajith

Thanks,
-Ajith
3 REPLIES
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: Reg : Association of Blade Servers and Chassis

You mean you will be importing a MIB for a 3rd party Blade Chassis?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
geajith
Frequent Advisor

Yes. Mainly looking for the feasibility of having the asscoaition logic/rules definition for the third party devices.

-Ajith

Thanks,
-Ajith
shocko
Honored Contributor

Not sure this will work. The way HP P/C class associations are created (to my knowledge ) is as follows:

• Identification run on iLO device
  • This returns the serial/name of the server and thus associates the servers to the lights out card. It also returns the rack info and thus associates both to the rack

The iLO is configured to anonymously return this info by hitting a specific URI on the iLO i.e.. https://ilodnsname/?xmlreply methinks. All the data is returned in an XML format and parsed by SIM so MIBS do not come into to it.

Perhaps someone else might clarify this for me?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)