Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752273 Members
4589 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Registry entry for HP Foundation agent version

Timothy McCarthy

Registry entry for HP Foundation agent version

I'm trying to script an installation to the point where I can check the version of the HP Foundation agent, and install only if it is not the most up-to-date version that we're using. I know in version 7.8 there is an agentver.dll but this isn't user readable. I have been unsuccessful in finding a registry entry with the version info. If anybody knows of a scriptable way to find the version, I'd love to know. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Why not just let the PSP installation do it?

The cpnnnnnn.exe packages will check whether they're need installing or not.
The PSP packages them all together.
Timothy McCarthy

We're bypassing the PSP for a number of reasons, but primarilly we're doing a number of other administrative tasks outside of the basic agent install in this deployment script (creating a HP SIM user with operator privileges for use with SMH, creating a local group for that use if it doesn't exist, cleanup, etc). In any case, we were able to identify a registry key for the 7.8 Insight Management agent version under the following location:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\1A10F96865DB67847\InstallProperties\DisplayVersion = 7.80.0.0