Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753461 Members
4837 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Reinstall HP SIM 7.4, only SQL Database to Backup ?

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Reinstall HP SIM 7.4, only SQL Database to Backup ?

Hi

i have to reinstallt HP SIM on a new server, how to save my different settings, credential . .all are in the SQL Database or i have to save other config File ?

Thanks

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Reinstall HP SIM 7.4, only SQL Database to Backup ?

You could use the export function. These settings like credentials are not saved in SQL. Protocol settings are saved in the local config files.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

what is export function...SQL  or an Inisght integrated function\Command line ?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again, From the PDF : source : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04453319 Exporting data from a CMS 1. Before data can be exported, the following requirements must be met: • Determine if enough disk space is available on the CMS. This is dependent on how much data is contained in the database. • The source server has HP Systems Insight Manager 6.3 or later. • The mxexport command must only run after all tasks and jobs such as, discovery tasks or scheduled tasks, are completed. 2. To export your data, enter the following CLI command: mxexport Specify the password as part of the command or you will be prompted to enter the password. The password must be a minimum of 8 characters. This password is used to encrypt the exported file for security reasons. The password you enter here will be required to import the data. • -f is optional. If you do not pass the filename, a Products.zip file is created in [HPSIM]\data\configdata-export.
Kind regards,

Andrew