1751926 Members
5108 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Reinstalled SNMP, now no SMH data?

Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Reinstalled SNMP, now no SMH data?

I reinstalled SNMP to troubleshoot an issue I was having with SNMP-Informant. That issue is now fixed, but as a result the SMH has no data.

I've seen other threads with slightly similar issues, but not this exact problem.

Can I fix this without reinstalling the HP Agents and SMH? This system was recently built with 7.60 PSP.

TIA
5 REPLIES 5
Hemantha Kumara
Advisor

Hi,

Go to Start -> Run and enter "Services.msc" in the "Run" text field.
Services window will open.
Select SNMP services and right click on the SNMP service, select "properties".
Property page opens, Go to "Security" tab.enter the community string as for example "public" as "Read write". and save the settings by clicking OK. and restart "SNMP" service once. when you restart SNMP service, it will restart all HP server agents except SMH and VCA. Restart VCA and SMH respectively. and browse to SMH and you can view the data.
Idle Mind is a Devil's workshop.
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

That solution does not work. I will schedule a reinstall of all managament tools this weekend.
SEBEMISMNUSA
Frequent Advisor

In a similar situation, I had to do the following:
1. Remove all HP Insight agents
I also removed all other HP addins (array configuration mgr, HP data protector, etc).
2. Removed the SNMP service.
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Re-install the SNMP service.
5. Configured security in the SNMP service.
6. Re-installed the HP Proliant support pag.

What happened
On a HP Proliant DL 365 G1, using Microsoft Windows 2003 Server 64 bit, another administrator did not install SNMP. He then attempted to install the PSP. The PSP installation failed as SNMP was not installed. Installed SNMP. Installed the PSP. No data was displayed on the SMH. Removed the PSP. Re-installed the PSP. There was still no data displayed at SMH.
Did the 1 to 6 steps above. SMH worked.

End
Davidoo
Occasional Advisor

Hello
"Restart VCA and SMH respectively. and browse to SMH and you can view the data."

>> how do it ? VCA & SMH are services ? How to brows to SMH ?

Thanks
WishfulThinking
Advisor

There should be a link on your desktop, otherwise naivate to https://servername:2381