New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight Events

SOLVED
Go to solution
cez
Advisor

Remote Insight Events

HI,

Does anyone know what the 2 events below in HP System Insight Manager for?

Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)
Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Self Test Error (9005)

Is there a way to monitor and get alerted when the rib or ilo isn't working? There were times that I was able to ping the ip address of the rib/ilo but not geting the logon page nor the certificate security alert from IE browser. Will the 2 events above serve this purpose?

Regards,
C
6 REPLIES 6
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Cez,

I am not sure about those two events. I have seen it where, after upgrading the firmware on RIB II cards, you will get errors in SIM and the only way to clear them is to issues a reset on the card. I have also seen it where if the iLO is unplugged, it will generate errors, but I dont know if those are the errors. Since you can ping the device, I don't think they will do the trick for you.

As for the no Logon page problems, I have seen on at least 5 iLO devices where the ports get shifted and you can no longer connect to them. For example, SSL gets set to port 80 instead of 443. We have found no cause for this except possbily a bad FM upgrade. The solution to fix this is to SSH into the boxes and run some commands to fix the port numbers back to the correct values. Let me know if you need these instructions.

Nelson
cez
Advisor

Nelson,

I haven't seen the ports got shifted issue... but have seen the wrong gateway IP address in iLo. Is it possible run SSH or Telnet into a Windows box to run some commands to fix the gateway IP address or some other settings? If possible, do you have instructions on how to do that?

It would be nice if we can do that because a lot of our windows boxes we have do not have terminal service installed and iLo is the only way for us to access them.

Thanks,
Cez
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

There's a Lights Out Configuration Utility, (away from work but something like HPLOCFG that uses XML scripts and is run from a Windows CMD Prompt.
It allows all kinds of configuration changes to be made including setting IP Addresses, passwords, etc.
cez
Advisor

Hi Rob,

Do you have any suggestions on how to remotely execute the scripts as the windows servers do not have TS installed in them?

Thanks,
C
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

There's another variant, CPQLOCFG which can be run remotely. You do need to know an account / password on the ilo to be able to access it though.
Check this doc for more details.
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilobest-practice.html

I'm not too sure how you remotely execute scripts on Windows Servers, never tried to do it.
cez
Advisor

I tried out both CPQLOCFG and HPONCFG utilities. They are really great. Thanks for everyons'e help.

Regards,
C