Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752577 Members
4042 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tino Hoffmann
Advisor

Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

Since iLO-Update to version 1.8.2195.0, several servers report following major events to HP-SIM:
"Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error. The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding."

Our systems all have latest drivers and firmwares installed.

Anyone else same problem?
27 REPLIES 27
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Re: Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

On older systems (ML370) and RILOEE-boards that have been upgraded to firmware v2.53, I regularly get the problem that the agents on the server are unable to find the ILO-board.
Both the server and the RILOEE-board work fine, it's only the agent that registers a "connection lost".
After a server reboot, all works fine again until the next time the server agent loses its connection to the internal RILOEE.

I guess the problem will disappear when all of the older hardware is removed from the datacenter.
On newer systems with ILO-boards and firmware v1.82, I've never had this problem.
Tino Hoffmann
Advisor

The problem occurs even on DL380 G4 with integrated Lights Out. Additional RiLOE cards don├В┬┤t have this problem.
Henri Jacobs
Solution

Hello,

I have updated the "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003" from a old version to version 7.50.0.0 and also the "HP System Management Homepage for Windows" form a old version to version 2.1.5.146B
But now I get in HP Systems Insight Manager al lot of servers reporting the error:
"Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)" "(Major: Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error. The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding.)"
But when I check the ILO card it looks ok.
The firmware on the ILO card is "Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 1.82"

Type of server that are involved:
Blade ProLiant BL20p G3
HP ProLiant ProLiant DL380 G3
HP ProLiant ProLiant DL380 G4
HP ProLiant ProLiant ML370 G4
Thommy

We have the same problem on DL360, DL380 and ML370 Servers.
Right now I├В┬┤m trying iLO firmware 1.84.
Tino Hoffmann
Advisor

Please post the result after deploying the new firmware!
Thommy

Yes, of course.
Thommy
Silvester2
Frequent Advisor

Hi Everyone!

Has anybody found a solution for this?
I'm having the same messages on various servers in our region. (about 12 - 15)
rebooting these servers with the reason that it "might solve the problem" is not encouraging enough for me.

I hope anyone has had better idea?

Cheers,

Silvester
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Hey Sylvester welcome to my club...loll
Version 1.84 doesn't change anything here , i have over 400 server and somme shoot this error and some not,figure this one out...yerkk, i have almost the same server DL380 G4,G3,G2 all windows server 2k3,with all most recent patches...and yet same trouble on some server and other none.

Daniel
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor

I am also having the same issue on several units. I am working with HP support to diagnose and will post the result.