Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753536 Members
6693 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

Scott S.
Occasional Advisor

Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

I recently upgraded the RILOE II Firmware from 1.01 to 1.21 and the driver in Windows 2000 to 3.5.0.0. I have restarted the server nummerous times and my HPSIM still sends messages that the "Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error (9006). The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding"

According to the Systems Management Page, the management processor is fine. I can access the web interface for it as well with no issue. It's just that the host keeps sending this alert that the OS (Windows 2000 SP4) can't see it.

I've tried taking the "Remote Insight Information" out of the Active Management Agents and restarting, but that does not stop the alerts in HPSIM.

I've tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.14 with no luck and then stepped from 1.14 to 1.15, no change, 1.15 to 1.2, no change and 1.2 to 1.21, no change.

Any idea how to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2
Alex  HU
Advisor

Hey Scott,

I had the same problem and i solved it by updating the ilo and insight management agents on the server with the errors.

greetings,

Alex
Scott S.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Alex. I had tried updating everything on the server using the ProLiant Support Pack that goes through and updates all the drivers and firmware.

It updated most, but it didn't update the Management Agents, it still has "Compaq Management Agents 6.0.0.0" in the Control Panel and I thought there were newer HP versions.

HP Insight Management Agents is listed in the Add/Remove Programs, but it seems the server just doesn't want to shed it's old Compaq software/agents.