New Discussion юеВ

Remote Support Config

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Remote Support Config

I am upgrading to SIMS 5.1.

In the console, I can see all of my servers in the Remote Support Eligible collection. However, when I go to Options, Remote Support Configuration and Services, none of the servers will show up there! Remote Monitoring IS enabled. I have tried everything I can think of but they don't show up there! What am I missing?

Also, is there anything "special" I have to do before I run the contract and warranty data collection? Except to get the servers to show in the Remote Support Services screen, of course.
4 REPLIES 4
Jay Ekanger_2
Advisor
Solution

Re: Remote Support Config

Please attempt the following work-around:

1. open a command prompt and cd to ├в C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RemoteSupport\bin├в directory
2. Run the setAllPaths.js script with the following command in the command prompt window:
cscript setAllPaths.js ├в C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard├в
3. Run the copySIMFiles.bat script with the following command in the command prompt window:
copySIMFiles.bat
4. Run the refreshSIM.bat script with the following command in the command prompt window:
refreshSIM.bat
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jay, I will try that. This has been really frustrating!
Rancher
Honored Contributor

That worked like a charm! I have all of them showing now except for two. These two I had to delete and re-add to SIMS.
The only odd thing, after I ran your commands, I could not log out of the SIMS homepage. I received and access denied error. However, that seems to have cleared up this morning.

It also appears that anytime I reboot the CRM, I lose the servers in the Remote Services collections. So until there is a fix, I will just do what you advised. Thank you!
Jay Ekanger_2
Advisor

Rancher,

The loss of the servers displayed in the Remote Support Eligible Collection after running the previous commands and after a reboot is unexpected. Please open a call with the HP Remote Support Team; process below:

Call 1-800-633-3600, press 1 for hardware support, press 2 for "all other hardware support" at the voice activation say "ISEE Support"

Thanks,

Jay