108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support Configuration and Services

Walter Habichler
Occasional Advisor

Remote Support Configuration and Services

Hi

I've tried to register customer's HPSIM Client
useing the "option" --> "Remote Support Configuration and Services" menu.

I filled out the proxy server settings and pressed the "submit and send" button, but get
following error message and registration failed

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\isee-settings-processor.php on line 68
"

Useing the same proxy settings for the "Remote Support Software Manager" part, is working properly, since download of new packages was successfull.

ans idea's what else could prevent the successfully registration of a HPSIM Client useing the Remote Support Services ?

thanks in advance
-Walter
3 REPLIES 3
Walter Habichler
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I forgott to mention that I'm useing following software versions

HP SIM V5.1 SP1
HP Systems Insight Manager Patch
Remote Support Client A.05.00.030
Remote Support Common Components (MC3) 1.4.1 (build 161)
OSEM v1.4.2A

regards
-Walter
Rogier Boeken
Frequent Advisor

hi

i have done a packet trace on both the "remote support configuration and services" and the remote suppport software manager part and they use different ip addresses.

i have no problem getting the support software manager part working, downloads and tests fine but when trying the option in hp sim the page loads but i cannot submit and register.

i have done a packet trace on both the firewall to the hp ip address and there is definitely traffic going back and forth but the end result is this message

Remote Support has not been registered

very annoying

rogier

Walter Habichler
Occasional Advisor

Hi rogier

thanks for reply - what I found out regarding the communication requirements
is following :

Chapter 3 "Communication Overview" :

http://docs.hp.com/en/netsys.html#Service%20Essentials%20Remote%20Support%20Pack

Firewall config requirements :

tcp 443 outbound with established back to "service.isee.hp.com" is necessary
if you are not useing a proxy server

I have forwared this information to customer and hope it will solve the problems !!

Beside that it would be helpfull to have some test procedures or debug informations available, to verify if the connection is working or not. If it's not working then "human readable" logfile Information would be nice to have to get an idea whats going wrong -

cheers
-Walter